Last year my family gave me a frappe maker for my birthday. It has been well used. It’s how I make my iced mocha every morning. That drink is made with chocolate almond milk, coffee, vanilla soy yogurt and a little chocolate syrup. I’d been thinking for a while that the frapper would probably make a lovely smoothie. The motor is more powerful and the blades are sharper than my blender (KitchenAid let me down on that one). Since I apparently wanted to consume all my morning calories via a straw, I gave it a whirl using what I found in my freezer and it was wonderful. Clarissa loved it, too.
a girl and her smoothie
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup frozen, chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- about 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk (I used flax milk)
- Place all the ingredients in the pitcher of a blender.
- Blend until smooth.